Getting northeastern Ontario forest fires under control
Aviation, Forest Fire and Emergency Services
Northeast Fire Region
July 30, 2019
Time of Report – 17:34
- There were no new wildland fires discovered at the time of this report.
At the time of this update, there are six active wildland fires in the region.
- Pembroke 2 is under control at 0.7 of a hectare and is located west of Sand Lake.
- Peterborough 1 is being held at 10 hectares and is located west of Hwy 15.
- Sudbury 18 is under control at 3.5 hectares. This fire is located west of Sinaminda Lake.
- Sudbury 20 is under control at 1.4 hectares and is located further west of Sinaminda Lake.
- Kirkland Lake 6 is under control at 6 hectares and is located north of Sesekinika lake.
- Cochrane 10 measures 74 hectares and is being observed, approximately 100km southeast of Moose Factory.
- The forest fire hazard ranges from low to moderate across the Northeast Region, with the exception of Espanola and surrounding areas which are showing a high hazard.
- For up to date forest fire hazard conditions in your area, see the interactive fire map at Ontario.ca/forestfires.
Help fight forest fires - stay clear of waterbombers
When waterbombers approach a body of water, move close to the shore so they can perform their scoop. A waterbomber will not scoop from a lake or river if encroaching watercraft pose a safety hazard.
For information about the current forest fire situation: 1-888-220-7242
To report a forest fire located north of the French and Mattawa rivers, please dial 310-FIRE. To report a forest fire south of these rivers, dial 911.