Porcupine Health Unit declares a COVID outbreak at Innes Transport in Moosonee
The Porcupine Health Unit is declaring an outbreak of COVID-19 at Innes Transport in Moosonee. (File)
SUDBURY -- The Porcupine Health Unit is declaring an outbreak of COVID-19 at Innes Transport in Moosonee.
Two employees of Innes Transport are confirmed cases of COVID-19 and the investigation has determined that the cases are related to the workplace. The cases are currently in self-isolation.
"The PHU is working closely with the workplace to ensure the infection prevention and control measures are in place," the health unit said in a news release Friday.
"The management team at Innes Transport is taking all the necessary precautions to reduce the risk of infection and prevent the transmission of COVID-19."
The PHU has already followed up with close contacts -- those with high-risk exposures.
The health unit reminds the public that anyone who is not feeling well should stay home, self-isolate and seek testing through one of the assessment centres across Ontario.
You can also call the Porcupine Health Unit at 1-800-461-1818. Our COVID-19 information line is open 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday and from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
To reduce the risk of exposure, the health unit advises taking the following public health measures:
- Screen regularly for symptoms.
- Stay home and isolate if you have any symptoms.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Sneeze and cough into your sleeve.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Practise two metres physical distancing.
- Wear a mask in indoor public spaces.
- Do not have gatherings indoors with people outside your household.
- Wear a mask indoors and outdoors when physical distancing of two metres/six feet cannot be maintained with anyone outside your household.