5 active forest fires in Northeast Region
Aviation, Forest Fire and Emergency Services
Northeast Fire Region
July 20, 2019
Time of Report – 16:42
- There are no new active fires confirmed today in the Northeast Region by late afternoon.
At the time of this update, there are five active wildland fires in the region.
- Sault Ste. Marie 5 is being held at 0.1 of a hectare. It located approximately 10 kilometres north of Bruce Mines, west of highway 638.
- North Bay 4 is being observed at 0.1 of a hectare. The fire is located on an island on Denedus Lake.
- Cochrane 10 measures 74 hectares and is being observed, approximately 100 kilometre southeast of Moose Factory.
- Timmins 4 is under control at 1 hectare, it is located approximately half of a kilometre west of Upper Kasasway Lake.
- Timmins 2 is under control at 4,645 hectares.
- The forest fire hazard is mostly moderate to high in the Northeast Region, with the Far North presenting a low hazard, and some isolated areas in the central portion of the region showing an extreme hazard.
- For up to date forest fire hazard conditions in your area, see the interactive fire map.
Help fight forest fires - stay clear of waterbombers
When waterbombers approach a body of water, move close to the shore so they can perform their scoop. A waterbomber will not scoop from a lake or river if encroaching watercraft pose a safety hazard.
For information about the current forest fire situation: 1-888-220-7242
To report a forest fire located north of the French and Mattawa rivers, please dial 310-FIRE. To report a forest fire south of these rivers, dial 911.