Fire crews concerned over lack of working smoke alarms
Fire crews in North Bay are concerned after finding no working smoke alarms at a second residential fire Monday.
North Bay Fire Chief Greg Saunders says crews responded to a second fire Monday afternoon at 4 p.m.
It happened in the basement of a single family home on King Street West.
Firefighters were able to get the blaze under control using an interior attack.
Saunders says the cause of the fire was a candle that was left burning unattended while the male occupant left the residence.
He found a fire upon returning home and called 9-1-1.
Charges are pending for the lack of working smoke detectors.
Another fire earlier in the day also revealed a lack of working fire alarms, and charges are pending in that case as well.
Fire officials are urging the public to make sure that all necessary alarms are in good working order, as they can save your life.
The charge for not having the necessary alarm is $360 per offence.