Severe thunderstorm watch for these northern Ontario communities
SUDBURY -- Extreme weather continues across northern Ontario prompting Environment Canada to issue severe thunderstorm watches for many communities Monday.
Conditions able to produce dangerous thunderstorms with strong wind gusts and large hail are being monitored by Environment Canada and could begin Monday afternoon and evening for the following areas:
- Atikokan - Shebandowan - Quetico Park
- Chapleau - Missinaibi Lake
- Cloud Bay - Dorion
- Fort Albany
- Fort Hope - Lansdowne House - Ogoki
- Fraserdale - Pledger Lake
- Gogama - Foleyet
- Gull Bay - Black Sturgeon Lake
- Ignace - English River
- Kakabeka Falls - Whitefish Lake - Arrow Lake
- Kapuskasing - Hearst - Smooth Rock Falls
- Kirkland Lake – Englehart
- Little Abitibi - Kesagami Lake
- Manitouwadge - Hornepayne
- Nakina - Aroland - Pagwa
- Seine River Village - Mine Centre
- Timmins - Cochrane - Iroquois Falls
- Thunder Bay
- Upsala - Raith
Winds of 90 to 110 km/h along with nickel to toonie-sized hail are possible.
Residents are urged to take cover immediately if threatening weather approaches.