Porcupine Health Unit reports 88th COVID case in its coverage area
Someone between the ages of 40-59 has tested positive for COVID-19, the Porcupine Health Unit said Thursday. (File)
SUDBURY -- Someone between the ages of 40-59 has tested positive for COVID-19, the Porcupine Health Unit said Thursday.
The person is from the Hearst/Hornepayne area, the health unit said, and marks the 88th case in the region since the pandemic began.
The source of the infection is unknown, and the person is self-isolating at home. The positive test took place Oct. 13.
If you think you may have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, first self-isolate and complete the online COVID-19 Self-Assessment to determine your next steps.
If testing is required, seek testing through one of the assessment centres across Ontario. You can also call the Porcupine Health Unit at 705-267-1181 or toll-free at 1-800-461-1818.
To reduce the risk of exposure, the health unit asks residents to continue to follow public health measures:
- wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- sneeze and cough into your sleeve
- avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- stay home and isolate if you have any symptoms
- practice two metres physical distancing
- wear a mask in indoor public spaces and outdoors when physical distancing of two metres/six feet cannot be maintained.