New COVID-19 case reported in James Bay/Hudson Bay region, 82nd case in the Porcupine Health Unit area
The Porcupine Health Unit reported one new COVID-19 case Friday among residents in the health unit's coverage area. (File)
SUDBURY -- The Porcupine Health Unit reported one new COVID-19 case Friday among residents in the health unit's coverage area.
While the gender was not released, the person who tested positive is between 20-39 years old. They contracted the disease through contact with a confirmed case, the health unit said.
The person was tested Sept. 20 and lives in the James and Hudson Bay region.
"This individual has been in self-isolation at home and has been following public health guidance," the health unit said in a news release Friday.
Anyone who may have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, should first self-isolate and seek testing through one of the 145 assessment centres across Ontario.
You can also call the Porcupine Health Unit at 1-705-267-1181 or toll-free at 1-800-461-1818.
To reduce the risk of exposure, the health unit advises resident to continue to follow public health measures:
▪ wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
▪ sneeze and cough into your sleeve
▪ avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
▪ stay home and isolate if you have any symptoms
▪ practise two metres physical distancing
▪ wear a mask in indoor public spaces and outdoors when physical distancing of two metres/six feet cannot be maintained.