Positive COVID test at Timmins area long-term care home
The Porcupine Health Unit is investigating a COVID-19 positive test result in an asymptomatic individual who was tested as part of the long term care home’s regular testing protocols. (File)
SUDBURY -- The Porcupine Health Unit is investigating a COVID-19 positive test result in an asymptomatic individual who was tested as part of the long term care home’s regular testing protocols.
"As with every positive test result, the PHU is conducting a thorough investigation to determine next steps," the health unit said in a news release. "This process follows the Ministry of Health guidelines and all precautions are taken while the investigation is underway. As such, the individual is currently in self-isolation and following public health guidance."
The name of the care home was not released.
If you think you may have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, first self-isolate and complete the on-line COVID-19 Self-Assessment to determine your next steps.
If testing is required, seek testing through one of the assessment centres across Ontario. You can also call the Porcupine Health Unit at 705-267-1181 or toll-free at 1-800-461-1818.
To reduce the risk of exposure, we ask that you continue to follow public health measures:
- wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- sneeze and cough into your sleeve
- avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- stay home and isolate if you have any symptoms
- practice two metres physical distancing
- wear a mask in indoor public spaces and outdoors when physical distancing of two metres/six feet cannot be maintained.