MNRF forest fire update for Monday, July 15, 2019
Aviation, Forest Fire and Emergency Services
Northeast Fire Region
July 15, 2019
Time of Report – 16:30
- There were no new fires in the region at the time of this report.
At the time of this update, there are six active wildland fires in the region.
- North Bay 4 is being observed at 0.1 of a hectare and is located on an island in Denedus Lake.
- Cochrane 10 measures 74 hectares and is being observed, approximately 100 km southeast of Moose Factory.
- Timmins 2 is under control at 4,645 hectares.
- Sault Ste. Marie 2 is being held at 1 of a hectare and is located north of Batchawana River Provincial Park.
- Sudbury 11 is under control at this time at 0.2 of a hectare. This fire is located east of Red Deer Lake.
- Parry Sound 9 is under control at 0.2 of a hectare and is located near Portage Lake.
- The forest fire hazard ranges from low to high with the areas of most concern situated in the central and western portions of the region.
- For up to date forest fire hazard conditions in your area, see the interactive fire map.
Help fight forest fires - stay clear of waterbombers
When waterbombers approach a body of water, move close to the shore so they can perform their scoop. A waterbomber will not scoop from a lake or river if encroaching watercraft pose a safety hazard.
For information about the current forest fire situation: 1-888-220-7242
To report a forest fire located north of the French and Mattawa rivers, please dial 310-FIRE. To report a forest fire south of these rivers, dial 911.