ESTAIRE -- An Estaire couple's home is now gone after an early morning fire Thursday.

It happened near the intersection of Secord and Estaire Roads, in the community located south of Sudbury.

A family friend tells CTV News that it was the wife who spotted the smoke from the garage as she was leaving for work. 

It reportedly started in the top half of the garage and then quickly spread to the rest of the house. 

The friend adds the home was engulfed within the hour. 

It took members of the Estaire-Wanup Fire Department some time to get the hot spots under control. 

Water had to be ferried over to the property via a pump truck. 

There's no official word yet on what started the blaze. 

No one was injured and everyone managed to make it out okay. 

The couple is said to be staying with family, who lives in the area.