SUDBURY -- Greater Sudbury Fire Services were on the scene in downtown Sudbury on Friday battling a fire at St. Andrew's Place.

CTV News reporter Dana Roberts is at the scene and said the call came in at 3:15 p.m. about a fire in an apartment on the fourth floor of the building. The fire has been extinguished.

The cause of the fire is believed to be smoking.

One person in the apartment was treated at the scene by emergency crews, but the injuries were not serious and the person was not sent to hospital. A second person collapsed outside of the building and was sent to hospital, but officials say they are not sure the incident was connected to the fire.

This story will be updated as more information comes available.