Area of Hornepayne, Hearst see second case of COVID-19 in three days
Porcupine Health Unit in Timmins. Apr/20 (Lydia Chubak/CTV Northern Ontario)
The Porcupine Health Unit (PHU) is reporting a positive case of COVID-19 in the Area of Hornepayne, Hearst making it the second confirmed case over the past three days.
The individual is between the ages of 40-59 and was tested on Oct. 15, marking the 89th positive case reported by the PHU since the pandemic began. Health officials are still investigation the source of exposure.
The PHU district’s last reported case is also an individual between the ages of 40-59 in the Area of Hornepayne, Hearst.
These two cases remain the only active cases in the district.
If you think you may have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, first self-isolate and complete the on-line COVID-19 Self-Assessment to determine your next steps.
If testing is required, seek testing through one of the assessment centres across Ontario. You can also call the Porcupine Health Unit at 705-267-1181 or toll-free at 1-800-461-1818.
To reduce the risk of exposure, we ask that you continue to follow public health measures:
- wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- sneeze and cough into your sleeve
- avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- stay home and isolate if you have any symptoms
- practice two metres physical distancing
- wear a mask in indoor public spaces and outdoors when physical distancing of two metres/six feet cannot be maintained.