Northern Ontario News | Local Breaking | CTV News Northern Ontario
Another winter storm on the way to northern Ontario
SUDBURY -- Environment Canada says another low-pressure system is on the way to northern Ontario Thursday and some communities could get over 25 cm of snow.
A winter storm watch for the following communities:
- Fort Albany
- Fort Hope - Lansdowne House - Ogoki
- Fraserdale - Pledger Lake
- Little Abitibi - Kesagami Lake
Light snow is expected to develop Thursday and becomes heavy at night and into Friday. Strong gusty winds up to 70km/h are possible and total snowfall amounts could exceed 25 cm in some areas.
There is also a special weather statement for these northern communities:
- Agawa - Lake Superior Park
- Chapleau - Missinaibi Lake
- Gogama – Foleyet
- Kapuskasing - Hearst - Smooth Rock Falls
- Kirkland Lake - Englehart
- Manitouwadge - Hornepayne
- Marathon - Schreiber
- Nakina - Aroland - Pagwa
- Nipigon - Rossport
- Temiskaming Shores - Temagami
- Timmins - Cochrane - Iroquois Falls
- Wawa - Pukaskwa Park
- White River - Dubreuilville
Significant snow will develop Thursday afternoon and become heavy at night continuing into Friday before tapering off late Friday. Snowfall amounts between 10 and 20 cm are possible.
Visibility may be suddenly reduced at times due to the heavy snow for both alerts.
Snowfall warnings may be issued as we inch closer to Thursday.