Another COVID-19 case reported in Hearst-Hornepayne area, fourth in one week
The Porcupine Health Unit (PHU) reporting a new COVID-19 case Wednesday among residents in the health unit area. (File)
SUDBURY -- The Porcupine Health Unit (PHU) is reporting one new COVID-19 case among residents in the health unit area, the fourth new case in the last seven days.
Case No. 96 is in the Hearst-Hornepayne area, the health unit said in a news release Wednesday. The source of the infection is under investigation.
"If you think you may have COVID-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with someone who has it, first self-isolate and complete the online COVID-19 Self-Assessment to determine your next steps," the health unit said.
If testing is required, seek testing through one of the assessment centres across Ontario. You can also call the Porcupine Health Unit at 705-267-1181 or toll-free at 1-800-461-1818.
To reduce the risk of exposure, the health unit recommends taking these measures:
- Screen regularly for symptoms.
- Stay home and isolate if you have any symptoms.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Sneeze and cough into your sleeve.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Practice two metres physical distancing.
- Wear a mask in indoor public spaces.
- Wear a mask indoors and outdoors when physical distancing of two metres/six feet cannot be maintained with anyone outside your household.