Reports by Sergio Arangio
- Northern communities want a permanent foreign worker immigration program, sources say
- These are the worst roads in northern Ontario 2023
- State of emergency in northern Ontario lakeside community due to rising water levels
- Timmins Rock celebrate a championship season
- Timmins residents driven mad by speeding along rural detour route
- Kirkland Lake unveils rainbow crosswalk
- Making an old diamond mine shine again
- Chapleau is electrifying the gold mining industry
- Volunteers in northern Ont. search for clues in two missing persons cases
- Timmins area CUPE education workers decry standstill contract negotiations with Catholic school board
- Northern Ont. EMS testing new opioid drug treatment program
- Some parts of Ontario can’t dial 911 and northern MPPs want that to change
- Author comes home to Timmins with new book
- Beer Fest marks a sure sign of spring
- Mother and daughter in Timmins share inspiring cancer story in new podcast
Sergio Arangio is a videojournalist with CTV News Northern Ontario in Timmins.
For Sergio, storytelling is in his blood.
Toronto-born, he was set on telling fictional stories as an actor, before he got turned on to the world of news.
Sergio studied journalism at the University of Toronto and minored in theatre. As a student, he wrote for school papers and major publications and had a show at his campus radio station.
He covered a Toronto drag queen's experience with danger in the city's gay village - just as news broke of serial killer Bruce McArthur's arrest. He then worked on an award-winning investigative piece on McArthur, his murders, and his impact on the community.
Just before coming to CTV Northern Ontario, Sergio interned at CBC News, where he covered a mix of crime, culture, and community stories.
Now in Timmins, he's excited to find the stories hidden in the "city with a heart of gold" that are just waiting to be told.
When he's not out with a microphone and a camera, you can find him at the movies, a karaoke night or with a guitar being an Ed Sheeran wannabe.