Reports by Mike McDonald
- Flood of community support for Sault Ste. Marie boy who had bike stolen
- Algoma University kicks off Indigenous History Month
- Algoma University relaunches summer music program
- Off-price retailer throws surprise party for long-time customer
- Sault’s Longest Garage Sale draws crowds downtown
- Feds spending $1.2M on the Sault’s trail network
- Anishinabek Nation holds opioid summit
- Trail festival coming to ‘Salt’ Ste. Marie
- Sault Fire Services launches education campaign
- More Canadians relying on charities for basic needs
- Motorized vehicles not allowed on the Sault’s Hub Trail
- Sault police host community night awards
- Sault police unveil mobile command unit that played key role in rescue of missing girl
- Sault mayor building relationships with neighbours
- Sault student takes first place in national speech contest
- Metis Nation responds to challenge from Robinson-Huron chiefs
- Consumers opting for in-person Mother's Day shopping
- Stamp Out Hunger event returns to the Sault
- Robinson-Huron chiefs challenge Metis government recognition
- Catholic school board officials in the Sault want to put cyberattack behind them
Mike McDonald is a videojournalist with CTV News Northern Ontario in Sault Ste. Marie.
He was born in the Sault, spent some of his youth in Thunder Bay and is a member of the Red Rock Indian Band.
He studied television broadcasting at Confederation College but has spent most of his career thus far on air in radio around the province, including Thunder Bay, Barrie, Owen Sound, Orillia and Windsor.
Mike was also previously a national radio news anchor for The Canadian Press.
He enjoys painting, reading, nature walks and karaoke. He has studied martial arts, fencing and boxing and considers himself a professional wrestling historian.