Reports by Mike McDonald
- Sault Ste. Marie prepares for organic waste collection
- Sault police bringing back auxiliary unit
- Mixed response to northern Ontario racism survey
- Plastics ban leads to increased costs at food banks
- Sault-area nursing homes involved in COVID-19 study
- Sault champion powerlifter looking for more medals
- Habitat for Humanity Sault Ste. Marie & Area to embark on their biggest build yet
- Sault College hosts bridge building competition
- Sault Ste. Marie’s mayor raises local issues with the Ontario premier
- Algoma-area agriculture group studying local buying habits
- Science North celebrating women in STEM with Sault Ste. Marie event
- Sault Ste. Marie's new twin ice pad arena now open
- Cervical cancer screenings held at Group Health Centre
- Indigenous university hoping to resolve dispute with landlord
- Sault Metis Council ready for a busy year
- Algoma Public Health holds public forum on addiction crisis at Sault film festival
- Shingwauk Kinoomaage Gamig signs education agreement with Algoma University
- Algoma University sees steady rise in enrolment
- Travelling quilt a mystery for Echo Bay residents
- Invasive Species Awareness Week
Mike McDonald is a videojournalist with CTV News Northern Ontario in Sault Ste. Marie.
He was born in the Sault, spent some of his youth in Thunder Bay and is a member of the Red Rock Indian Band.
He studied television broadcasting at Confederation College but has spent most of his career thus far on air in radio around the province, including Thunder Bay, Barrie, Owen Sound, Orillia and Windsor.
Mike was also previously a national radio news anchor for The Canadian Press.
He enjoys painting, reading, nature walks and karaoke. He has studied martial arts, fencing and boxing and considers himself a professional wrestling historian.