Stories by Jay Baxter
- Officer-involved shooting in North Bay closes Chippewa Street area, SIU investigating
- Sault police now investigating Saturday's 400 block of Second Line West incident as homicide
- OPP investigate fatal crash in Markstay-Warren
- Drug bust near Espanola nets $66K in suspected cocaine, crystal meth
- Highway closure, snowfall warnings in effect for parts of northeast
- PHU warns of potential high-risk public exposures across two transit systems
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at Iroquois Falls hospital
- Staff shortages prompt inmate transfer as COVID-19 outbreak at North Bay Jail worsens
- OPP investigate fatal snowmobile crash in Huron Shores Township
- Early morning house fire in North Bay claims structure, no injuries reported
- Potential high-risk public exposure issued for Ontario Northland bus from Timmins
- Lively resident charged with multiple sex crimes, forcible confinement in Massey
- Northern highways reopened following weather closures
- Winter storm, snowfall warnings in effect for several communities across northern Ontario
- Manitoulin OPP identify victim in fatal crash
- COVID-19 outbreak declared at Englehart Public School
- North Bay police advise public to avoid section of downtown core
- Science North animal ambassador passes on after life educating visitors
- Northern Ontario curlers chase spot at Beijing Winter Olympics
- Two men wanted on Canada-wide warrants after shooting on Sudbury's Kingsway Boulevard
Jay Baxter joins CTV News Northern Ontario as a Digital Content Producer, launching his career in journalism after a decade of storytelling for the screen. His passion for storytelling has led him to develop a career focus on recording information for the public domain.
Baxter is a graduate of the Sheridan Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning's Media Arts program where is specialized in Documentary Film.
He returned to Sudbury in 2014 after working in Toronto's Digital Marketing industry. In 2017, he received the Greater Sudbury Chamber of Commerce: Young Entrepreneur of The Year award for his work in the region's video advertising, film and television industries.
Baxter's experience has taken him around the globe where he has produced video content for the Discovery Channel, Masterchef Canada, AMI TV and PBS.