Reports by Eric Taschner
- ‘It’s like a minefield’: Northern Ont. drivers frustrated with potholes as thousands appear on roads
- North Bay liquidation store aims to bring treasure hunts to discount shopping
- Crossing guards recognized in North Bay on appreciation day
- North Bay police board approves 2023 budget, includes a 10% increase
- Francophone musician in North Bay celebrates as his song reaches No. 1 across Canada
- Northern Ont. woman rises to No. 5 in the world in extreme winter sport
- New North Bay by-law bars people from feeding pigeons; council cites health, property damage concerns from the birds
- Callander Bay island lighthouse construction almost complete
- OHL scout analyzes upcoming June NHL draft
- OPP concerned with snowmobile deaths, crashes in the northeastern
- 22 Wing/Canadian Forces Base celebrates military women’s accomplishments on International Women’s Day
- North Bay City Council to vote on tax increase, 3.23% possible
- Former North Bay nurse turned toy store owner donates toys to hospital
- North Bay police bring 9 new officers on board
- Surviving Dionne Quintuplet to visit birth home in May for birthday celebration
Eric Taschner is a Video Journalist with CTV News Northern Ontario based in North Bay.
Originally hailing from Woodstock, Ontario, he is excited to call North Bay his home.
He joined CTV News Northern Ontario in July 2018.
Eric is a two-time RTDNF scholarship winner in 2017 for a three-part series he did on how animals impact our daily lives. He also won both the Dana Lewis Frontline Award for crime reporting and the Digital Journalist Award in 2016.
He has been on the scene of massive fires, floods, wildfires, car crashes, and murder scenes. Additionally, he covers city council meetings, along with both provincial and federal politics.
Eric remembers covering the return to North Bay for one of the last surviving Dionne Quintuplets in 2018. That story aired nationally on CTV News. He also worked on a story about a school shooting threat and exclusively reported on a large wildfire in B.C.
Before joining CTV News Northern Ontario, he previously worked at CJDC-TV in Dawson Creek, B.C. as a Reporter and Anchor. He also spent part of his career employed at 104.7 Heart FM as a Reporter/Newscaster.
He is a graduate of the Broadcast Journalism/Television News program at Fanshawe College, during which he completed an internship at CTV News in London.
Eric is fluent in English.
He enjoys watching soccer and cheering on his favourite team, FC Barcelona.
Dana Lewis Frontline Award, 2016
Digital Journalist Award, 2016