Reports by Eric Taschner
- Forest fires could force Temiskaming Hospital to cancel more surgeries
- North Bay conservation officer named top in Ontario for 2023
- Northern health unit issues warnings as wildfire smoke causes poor air quality
- 'It's a continuous journey': North Bay woman does 50 km triathlon for survivors of gender-based violence
- North Bay men's shelter says more and more people need help
- 'We exist everywhere': West Nipissing to host its first-ever Pride parade in June
- Northern Ont. communities still lack high-speed internet access, report finds
- Community partner to bring health services to North Bay's Northern Pines facility for homeless individuals
- North Bay police adjusting intrusion alarms policy in June
- Nipissing University partners on youth mental health research project
- Sentencing delayed in fatal North Bay shooting
- Mermaid sculpture finds permanent home alongside West Nipissing bay
- Drug strategy committee launches new project to tackle drug problem, wants municipalities to help
- Ontario Government injects more funding into North Bay’s film, TV industry
- Northern EMS, universities pleased with Ontario’s new health care retention strategy
Eric Taschner is a Video Journalist with CTV News Northern Ontario based in North Bay.
Originally hailing from Woodstock, Ontario, he is excited to call North Bay his home.
He joined CTV News Northern Ontario in July 2018.
Eric is a two-time RTDNF scholarship winner in 2017 for a three-part series he did on how animals impact our daily lives. He also won both the Dana Lewis Frontline Award for crime reporting and the Digital Journalist Award in 2016.
He has been on the scene of massive fires, floods, wildfires, car crashes, and murder scenes. Additionally, he covers city council meetings, along with both provincial and federal politics.
Eric remembers covering the return to North Bay for one of the last surviving Dionne Quintuplets in 2018. That story aired nationally on CTV News. He also worked on a story about a school shooting threat and exclusively reported on a large wildfire in B.C.
Before joining CTV News Northern Ontario, he previously worked at CJDC-TV in Dawson Creek, B.C. as a Reporter and Anchor. He also spent part of his career employed at 104.7 Heart FM as a Reporter/Newscaster.
He is a graduate of the Broadcast Journalism/Television News program at Fanshawe College, during which he completed an internship at CTV News in London.
Eric is fluent in English.
He enjoys watching soccer and cheering on his favourite team, FC Barcelona.
Dana Lewis Frontline Award, 2016
Digital Journalist Award, 2016