Stories by Darren MacDonald
- As March ends, winter storm watch begins in northern Ont.
- Former church in Sudbury being transformed into a concert hall
- Northern Ont. police say impaired driver rolled vehicle into ditch
- Northern Ont. family ‘ecstatic’ as 25-year-old murder mystery finally solved
- Robert Steven Wright found guilty in Renee Sweeney murder
- Vale Canada fined $175K for 2020 incident at Northern Ont. mine
- B.C. man pleads guilty to northern Ont. shooting, Crown drops attempted murder charge
- Defence accuses Crown of compromising Sudbury murder trial as deliberations begin
- Evidence against Sudbury murder suspect ‘overwhelming,’ Crown tells jury
- Here is why the defence says Wright should be found not guilty of 1998 Sudbury murder
- Supreme court ruling allows for evidence from a northern Ont. unlawful spot check to be admitted in court
- Police say North Bay suspect had $116K in drugs on him, $43K in cash
- Sudbury murder trial nears conclusion, closing arguments Monday
- As trail options shrink, Sudbury may allow snow machines to cross city streets
- Cemetery running out of room, Sudbury OKs $4M expansion
- Hwy. 17 fully reopen between Wawa, White River
- Northern Ont. police find driver unconscious at the wheel, motor running
- Sault police seize guns, ammunition, drugs, suspect charged
- Sault Ste. Marie joins others, will ban TikTok on city devices
- Northern Ontario police seize $35K in drugs during traffic stop
Darren MacDonald joins CTV News Northern Ontario as a digital content producer, continuing his journalism career in Greater Sudbury that spans more than two decades.
MacDonald began as a city hall reporter, covering the amalgamation of communities that created the City of Greater Sudbury. Later, he was an editor for The Sudbury Star, first in business and entertainment, and was appointed News Editor in 2010.
He returned to writing in 2012, heading back to city hall, covering politics until he joined CTV News Northern Ontario April 2020.
He has a degree in English, with a minor in political science, from Dalhousie University, and a graduate degree in journalism from the University of King’s College in Halifax.