Stories by Darren MacDonald
- Elliot Lake suspect charged with starting bonfire – at someone else’s home
- ‘Incompetent’ northern Ont. doctor loses his license to practise medicine
- Sudbury police want to thank Good Samaritan who helped officer with violent suspect
- Timmins woman wins $150K on a scratch ticket
- North Bay OPP charge dozens in crackdown on red-light violations
- Phone scammers target seniors in North Bay, demand ‘bail’ money for loved ones
- Sudbury teacher found guilty of sexual misconduct, has licence revoked
- Currently 20 active forest fires in northeastern Ont.
- Northeastern Ontario under air quality advisories due to forest fires
- Northern food producers ready to return to the big stage
- Flood fears prompt Iroquois Falls to declare state of emergency
- Sudbury crews battle fire at family home in Azilda
- Lawsuit reveals behind-the-scenes conflict between leaders of Sudbury non-profit groups
- Hanmer resident wins $300K with Instant Plinko
- Two ‘aggressive’ hitchhikers on Hwy. 17 charged
- South Ont. man fined $7K for northern Ont. moose hunt violations
- Power restored in downtown Sudbury as crews battle Durham Street fire
- ER in Thessalon closing two days this week due to doctor shortage
- Elliot Lake resident says neighbour broke in, covered kitchen table with frozen food
- Man awarded $3.28M after snowmobile trek from North Bay to Quebec ends in tragedy
Darren MacDonald joins CTV News Northern Ontario as a digital content producer, continuing his journalism career in Greater Sudbury that spans more than two decades.
MacDonald began as a city hall reporter, covering the amalgamation of communities that created the City of Greater Sudbury. Later, he was an editor for The Sudbury Star, first in business and entertainment, and was appointed News Editor in 2010.
He returned to writing in 2012, heading back to city hall, covering politics until he joined CTV News Northern Ontario April 2020.
He has a degree in English, with a minor in political science, from Dalhousie University, and a graduate degree in journalism from the University of King’s College in Halifax.